In the summer of 2013, The Comparison Project began facilitating the creation of digital stories by religious communities in the greater Des Moines area about their members’ meaningful experiences, practices, and principles. Beginning in Fall 2013, it continued this work through a series of “Religions of Des Moines” courses, one of which is usually taught every semester.
We hope that these digital stories will serve to illustrate some of the core principles and practices of our city’s religions in a way that is personally engaging and reflective.
We thank Bob Blanchard for the photos of these communities (http://www.bobblanchardphotography.com)
Click below on a religious community to view the digital stories created by some of its members.
- Des Moines Valley Friends Meeting (Unprogrammed)
- Drake Muslim Student Association
- Ezan Islamic and Educational Center
- Greek Orthodox Church of St. George
- Hindu Educational and Cultural Center
- Hindu Temple and Cultural Center of Iowa
- Iowa Sikh Association
- Sikhs of Iowa Khalsa Heritage, Inc.
- Tifereth Israel Synagogue
- Tu Vien Hong Duc
- Wat Phothisomphan