You can now find the complete programming for our 2015-16 series on theologies of death and rituals of dying on the website under “Lectures and Events” or by clicking here. This programming includes six scholar lectures, two practitioner dialogues (which will be hosted by Iles Funeral Homes’ Dunn’s Chapel), an event that features members of Above + Beyond Cancer’s 2015 mission trip to Nepal, and a short campus visit by Tibetan Buddhist Monks from the Tashi Kyil Monastery. In 2016 we are also co-sponsoring Calvin Community’s public panels on aging.
Thanks to our supporters for funding this programming, especially Iles Funeral Homes, which is a special series sponsor for the next two years of programming on death and dying.
- Drake University Humanities Center
- Humanities Iowa
- The Medbury Fund
- Drake University Principal Financial Group Center for Global Citizenship
- Des Moines Area Religious Council
- Cultivating Compassion: The Dr. Richard Deming Foundation
- Slay Fund for Social Justice (for support of our digital storytelling initiative)
- Iles Funeral Homes — our special series sponsor for the next two years of programming on death and dying